- In Sept 2015, United Nations announced the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to be achieved by the year 2030, to replace the Millennium Development Goals that ended in 2015.
- In Oct 2015, JCI Malaysia released a Declaration at its Annual National Convention to announce our commitment to help educate, promote, and conduct sustainable projects in line with the UN SDGs.
- In Nov 2015, JCI also released a Declaration at the JCI World Congress to commit to advancing the UN SDGs
- In year 2016, JCIM NBOD endorsed the JCIM Sustainable Development Award to be conducted as a National Project.
THE AWARD CATEGORIES
- JCIM Sustainable Development Award will be granted to sustainable projects conducted by Malaysian companies and organisations that advance any of the UN Sustainable Development Goal.
- 2 award recipients per SDG (except SDG 17) – 1 for company, 1 for Organisations
- SDG 17 award will be given to the Best of the Best project that has the most sustainable partnership program.
- Total award trophies to be presented = 33.
- Award entry is open to all types of companies (Micro, Partnership, SMEs, MNCs, GLCs) and NGOs
- Projects eligible are SDG related projects that are done as a CSR initiative of the company or the organisation main focus
- The project should be conducted by the company staff / volunteer itself.
- The project conducted by the company or organisation must be continuous and sustainable, not a once-off or seasonal affair (e.g. only do during festivals).
- Project submitted must be linked to a specific SDG. 1 project per SDG category only.
- Project submitted can be self funded or funded externally, regardless of amount
- The company/organisation must be registered and valid under ROC / ROS / ROY minimum 1 year, not bankrupt, and does not have any legal suit/reputation that may impair the image of this award program.
- All entries are to be submitted online
- Nomination period is 3 months
**All award results are final based on decision by external panel of judges
JUDGING GUIDELINE SECTION 1
JUDGING GUIDELINE SECTION 2
JUDGING GUIDELINE SECTION 3